On December 11th, 2008, the annual SLA/MALL/SCIP Holiday Party will be held at the James J. Hill Library in downtown St. Paul. At this party, the St. Kate's SLA Student Group will be holding a silent auction fundraiser for their group.
One of the biggest endeavors we take on every year is sponsoring a student's trip to the annual SLA conference which will be held in D.C. this year. All of your contributions, whether they are gifts for the auction or bids during the auction, are greatly appreciated.
Here are a few items to look forward to. Please bring your checkbook or cash for payment. We will not be accepting credit cards. Estimated retail values range from $10 to $1000.
Items we have photographs of:
Messenger bag with two Nancy Pearl books donated by the Library Foundation of Hennepin County now united with the Friends of MPL.
Bibliobag: You're never too young to start a business. The product of high schoolers, these bibliobags are both stylish and useful. Here is a history of the bags.
Custom Landscape Design from Polly Perkins. She will come to your house and create a landscape design for your yard that you can later implement. Retail is around $700 - $1000.
Foot Bath to soak away the holiday stress.
Gift Certificates from chain and local stores: (Amount will be provided if available)
1) $25 Gift Certificate to Bibelot.
2) 18 Holes of Golf at 3M's Tartan Park, hosted by John Arenivar. You're not only bidding on golf at one of the areas most beautiful courses but John's lovely company as well. Two additional guests can be added to round off the foursome but you must cover their costs.
3) $70 Gift Certificate to A Pair of Hands for after holiday-party clean-up from Julie Weston.
4) $50 Gift Certificate to Bellanotte in Minneapolis from Julie Weston.
5) $50 Gift Certificate to Bella Sera in Maple Grove from Elizabeth Meylor.
6) $20 Gift Certificate to Starbucks from Joan Strickler.
7) $50 Gift Certificate to Whole Foods from Joan Strickler.
8) 2 Tickets to Russian National Ballet's Performance of Sleeping Beauty on January 31, 2009 from Sally Dischinger.
9) 2 Tickets to Park Square Theater from Susan Flynn.
10) $20 Target Gift Card from Karen Stauber.
There is a variety of other wonderful donations of paintings, photographs, decorative mirrors, chocolates, jewelry and of course, books.
If you have any questions about any of these items, please contact StKateSLA@gmail.com.