Once again, the St. Kate's Student Group is hosting a silent auction at the MN SLA Holiday Party, in order to raise funds for our annual conference scholarship. Below is our call for donations. Please consider donating something. No matter what, we hope to see you at the party!
On Thursday, December 3, 2009, the St. Kate’s Special Library Association Student Group will host a Silent Auction fundraiser at the Holiday Party event sponsored by MALL and SLA at Open Book in Minneapolis to raise funds for a scholarship. This scholarship will help send a St. Kate’s MLIS student to the SLA Annual Conference being held in New Orleans in June 2010.
We would love your help with donations!
· Gift certificates – Gas Stations, Restaurants, coffee/tea shops, movie theaters, video stores, book retailers, pet stores, craft stores, Home Depot, Best Buy – any place you frequent
· Gift baskets – wine/liquor, bath items, BBQ tools
· Tickets to sporting or cultural events – MN Wild, MN Twins, Guthrie
· Memberships – museums, cultural
· Hand-crafted items - jewelry, purses, scarves, quilt
· Photography or Artwork
· An invitation to dinner or a home-cooked meal
· An hour of housecleaning service or some babysitting
Anything YOU’D like to bid on!
Do you have a friend or relative with a creative flare, or deep pockets who would like to contribute something?
Donations may be dropped off at St. Kate’s in a box in the MLIS office near the reception desk. If you would like to schedule a pickup or have questions, please contact Carol Lynn O'Gara by either telephone at 612-986-3143 or e-mail at carollynnogara-at-yahoo.com
Please submit donations by Wednesday, November 25, 2009.
Don’t forget, your donations are tax-deductible and greatly appreciated by the St. Kate’s SLA student group and the MLIS students at St. Kate’s.