Tuesday, May 24, 2016 from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Sweeney's Saloon (96 Dale Street North | Saint Paul, MN 55102)
Are you new the library job market? Are you curious to know if your well-developed information skills will translate into a different library setting? Are you looking for insights on how to successfully navigate the library job market?
SLA-MN is pleased to offer the opportunity to meet with managers from around the Twin Cities who have been directly responsible for hiring new members of their library and research teams. Join us to reconnect with your SLA colleagues, gather tips for refreshing your resume, practice your interviewing and networking skills, and have a professional photograph taken that you can use for your social media profiles.
5:30-6:15 Panel Discussion: Our hiring managers will share their experiences about what has made candidates stand out.
6:15-8:00 Speed Mentoring: Sit down with our any or all of our panel members for a quick review of your resume, and to practice your interviewing skills. Get one-on-one feedback on how your resume could be refreshed.
6:15-8:00 Head Shots: Have a professional photo taken.
- Dru Frykberg, Librarian at Minnesota Dept. of Employment and Economic Development
- Jennifer Hahs, Research and Insights Manager at Martin Williams Advertising
- Betsy Haugen, Reference Services Manager at Minnesota Legislative Reference Library
- Krista Jacobson, Public Services Librarian, Northwestern Health Sciences University
- Jeanette Woessner, Director of Library and Research Services at Fredrikson & Byron
Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tips-from-the-hiring-committee-tickets-24907561186
For questions or to learn more about involvement in SLA-MN, contact:
Carolyn Bates, firstname.lastname@example.org
Beth Northcutt, email@example.com