Wednesday, November 8, 2017
Registration for the SLA-MN Holiday Party is now open! This year's event will take place December 8, 2017 from 5:30 to 8:30 in the Friends Community Room at the Minneapolis Institute of Art, 2400 3rd Avenue South, Minneapolis. The event will include hors d'oeuvres, dessert, and a cash bar, as well as the opportunity to view the galleries at MIA and tour the MIA Art Research and Reference Library. The event also features our Silent Auction to raise money to send one student to the SLA Conference in Baltimore next summer. (Check here for more details on how to donate.)
Registration is $20 for students. Note that you can request a professional sponsor your attendance if you would like. Visit the registration page for more details and to sign up!
The Holiday Party is a wonderful chance to network with professionals and have some fun before the end of the semester. We hope you will all join us!
Monday, November 6, 2017
We recorded the panel, and we'll add a link to that recording as soon as we can. You can read our summary of the event in the meantime.
Thursday, November 2, 2017
It's hard to believe it, but it's almost time for the SLA-MN Holiday Party and the SLA Student Group Silent Auction! This year's holiday party will be Friday, December 8 at the Minneapolis Institute of Art. We'll share more details soon, but save the date for a wonderful evening of food, drinks, networking, and of course the silent auction.
For now, we are looking for donations for the Silent Auction. We use the proceeds from the Silent Auction to help send one student to the SLA Annual Conference, which will be in Baltimore next summer. But we can't do it without you!
We need your help with donations!
- Hand-crafted items - jewelry, purses, scarves, quilt
- Gift baskets - wine/liquor, bath items, BBQ tools
- Tickets to sporting or cultural events - MN Wild, MN Twins, Guthrie
- Memberships - museums, cultural
- Photography or Artwork
- An hour of housecleaning service or some babysitting
- Gift certificates - Gas Stations, Restaurants, coffee/tea shops, movie theaters, book retailers, pet stores, craft stores, Home Depot, Best Buy, any place you frequent
- Anything YOU WOULD like to bid on!
Donations Needed by Friday, December 1st
Contact us if you would like to donate:
Good luck with the rest of your semester and we hope we will see you at the Holiday Party!
Sunday, October 15, 2017
Our Fall 2017 Information Professionals Panel is fast approaching! We will hear from an incredible variety of professionals who work in special libraries or non-traditional information roles. The lineup is still being finalized, but currently includes:
- Leslie Hunter-Larson, Librarian, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Dr. Tim Senapatiratne, Reference Librarian, Bethel Seminary
- Beth Christensen, Music Librarian, St. Olaf College
- Samantha Stepp, Document Management Specialist, Metro Transit
We'll keep updating this page as we finalize our panelists, but we hope you will save the date and join us Monday, October 30, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. in CdC Room 17!